Ruth 1:16 "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. "

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Showered!

Well, today marks the 33 week mark! I can hardly believe it! The third trimester has come so fast. She weighs about 4 pounds (according to baby center) and is 17 inches long. I definitely feel all 17 inches of her as well. I'm getting lots of big kicks under my right rib cage and feel her movin' and shakin' throughout the day. Sometimes I just stare down at my tummy and see it ripple and roll. My restful nights are slowing coming to an end and sleeping comfortably is becoming a rarity. I'm feeling tired a lot and have weeks of rather large ankles. Fun update - I feel her hiccup quite a lot here lately... actually, I'm feeling some right now! The doctor says she is in the 41st percentile in growth, so about right in the middle, which is nice. Everything looks good and we will have one more ultrasound at 36 weeks. We are going to the doctor every 2 weeks now. Then soon, it will be every week.

We've signed up with one of our favorite Aggie couple friends for a breast feeding class for us gals and a "daddy bootcamp" class for the guys. The guys are definitely leaning on each other for support on this one, and taking one for the "team." But we know they will really be glad they did it in the end. :)

We have been blessed beyond belief over this past month with so many showers and baby gifts. She's going to be in heaven with all these wonderful gifts. Our wonderful grandmothers, moms, aunts, sisters, and cousins have gone to great lengths to come to the various showers, and we feel so lucky to have so many around us to share in the excitement!

We have had so much fun getting her room together. Mom and Dad came out to help too. Travis has put the bed and rocking chair together, and built her some shelves for the closet for more storage. The nursery, with tons of help from mom, looks precious. I still just have a few finishing touches to add. Here are some pics of the room and baby showers to fill you in on what we've been up to.

Ezekiel 34:26
I will bless them and the places surrounding my hill. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing.

1 comment: