Ruth 1:16 "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. "

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Here and There, and Finally Back Here (Summer 2011)

What on earth have I been doing instead of blogging? While I don't have any great excuses for not keeping you up-to-date on Miss Claire, I can say that I have been thoroughly enjoying every single moment with our fabulous 19 month old baby girl! (Who is now, at the time of posting this almost 22 months old!!) I could spend an entire day trying to catch you up, but my guess is that you really just want to see pictures of this baby girl who is quickly approaching "little girl" status!

Before we hit the road for the summer, Claire finished up her gymnastics class in May. And had her first awards ceremony on May 26th. Here she is sporting her ribbon!


And here's what she really thought of it and where it would eventually stay...




Trip #1 of 2 to the Woodlands, for Bishop Henry Snyder's 2nd birthday party! Claire is 17 months old.





On the way back we swung through our favorite place on earth... College Station and introduced Claire to the Pi Phi house and Campus. So, Claire, no pressure at all to go to A&M and be a Pi Beta Phi! :)









In June we went to see my parents for a week, just me and Claire. It was lots of fun!!

Don't tell Mom and Dad, but Mimi and Rah Rah let me...


PLAY IN THE SPRINKLERS! WITH MY CLOTHES ON! AND I LOVED IT!




We celebrated the 4th of July at Gigi's house (Travis' Grandmother). It was complete with water baloons, a slip n slide, and a tractor ride!






Then mid July, we went to visit my best friend and college roommate of four years, Keely and her two year old, Bishop for the week. Which makes Woodlands trip #2. Travis drove us there, then flew back to Amarillo. We got to meet up with Rob, Elizabeth, Will, and Alex (Will's super cute girlfriend) while in The Woodlands and they came to The Snyders for dinner one night. Claire was 19 months old.

As you can see from the trip pictures below... we went to the pool, children's museum, and took baths. Not pictured are lots of other fun things we did but I could only get pictures of them together when we had them contained: snack breaks from the pool, sand tables, and bath time. These two are always on the GO!






Then some of my college roommates and friends, all gorgeous Aggies of course, met up in Dallas to throw a baby shower for Camile, also college roommate. She is expecting her first baby in October and he is nothing short of a true miracle from God by definition!! And we cannot wait to meet this more than likely tall, handsome, skinny, athletic musician we'll call Jackson Parker. (PS - I took so long to post this, that Jackson has now been born and is perfect! He was born this week!)

First picture is my three amazing college roommates and me! Katrina, Camile, Keely, and Crawl (as they called me)
2nd Picture - All the amazing hostesses with Camile!




Claire Highlights and Stats at 18 months (though she is doing even more and fun things now! promise to update more current happenings soon!!!!)
18 Month Check Up
24 lbs
50th percentile in height
50th percentile in weight
Can say over 60 words (yes I did list them out and count) and is putting two words together more every day
Current Loves: Gymnastics Class, Going to the Pool (but not taking swimming lessons), Being outside, Swinging on the swingset, Elmo, Drinking out of a straw at restraunts out of our water cups, Babies, Climbing on anything tall, Running (while saying "running!!"), doing everything by herself and protesting when we try and help at certain things.

Here are a couple pics I took of her this week (her last week to be 21 months old), since I'm so behind on posting and this post is not really what she looks like today.







No comments:

Post a Comment