Wow. I know. It's been a while. But don't worry, you won't be disappointed with the updates in this post!
November 2011
Thanksgiving 2011 was exciting. We were in Denison this year and when Will and his girlfriend, Alex, came in Thanksgiving evening, they had a BIG announcement to make! They were in engaged! My baby brother is getting MARRIED and to a precious, sweet, gorgeous Longhorn Kappa who's about to graduate from SMU Law! We are all just beside ourselves! Side Note - Rob and Alex's parents were in on the engagement. They were the only ones who knew! Rob didn't even spill the beans to Elizabeth. Guess we know who can keep a secret!
December 2011
Friday, December 2nd I felt I needed to take a pregnancy test. Travis came home for lunch and I asked him if he wanted me to take it while he was there. My husband who hates surprises, instantly said, "YES." And a couple minutes later, our suspicions were confirmed. We were expecting baby Mac #2!
I instantly called the doctor to make an appointment and they informed me my due date was August 10th. Long story short, this was wonderful and terrifying news all at the same time as Will and Alex had set their wedding date in Austin for August 18th just a couple days before! My heart sank. That evening, I called and broke the news to Will, who called Alex's mother, Anne, and they devised a plan to remedy this unavoidable wedding planning "bump" in the road. Anne's instant reaction was so incredibly sweet, unselfish, and comforting: "Will, you just tell Rebecca the ONLY thing we are upset about is that this new little baby won't get to walk down the isle with Claire at the wedding." I KNOW! HOW BLESSED are we for Will to be marrying into this precious family!!?? I will never forget those unselfish first words. So, that weekend they worked hard to check other available dates, while Alex unknowingly studied for finals, and all that to say, they moved their wedding for us to December 1st, 2012! Unbelievable.
Will, Alex, & her parents kept our secret until Christmas when we told our families about the baby, when we were a little further along.
One week after the positive pregnancy test, was Claire's 2nd birthday! We had a family party with an Elmo theme! Then, we did a Noah's Ark theme party at church because she was turning 2. It was a great day! My parents and Will got to come out and so did Travis' Aunt Ann. We were surround by new sweet little friends of Claire's and ours and it was a great time. I was so thankful the full blown pregancy symptoms waited one more week to set in.
Janruary 2012
We took Claire to the mountains for the first time. We went with a big group of families from our church to Angelfire. Travis got to ski. Claire and I got to spend some quality time together. We took her to go sledding and got some great pics from the outing. She loved all the snow and playing in it. We stopped through Taos on the way home and ate at our favorite Breakfast spot in all of New Mexico: Michael's. Claire really liked her "pan-pakes".
March 2012
I'm 17 weeks pregnant and everything has looked good at the last two doctor's appointments. We go again on Wednesday for our first big sonogram and 18 week appointment and we are so excited to find out the gender of this second blessing from God. I cannot wait to see God at work! I can't believe that technology today lets us get glimpses into the womb where He is "knitting" my child together! Please take the poll on in the side bar in the next couple days and vote on what you think Baby Mac #2 will be! We would truly be happy with either. Having a GIRL has been SO MUCH FUN!
Claire lately...
-She loves to sing. Her favorite songs (she can sing start to finish) are: The ABC song, Jesus loves me, Twinkle Twinkle, Ring Around the Rosie, Where is Thumbkin.
-She loves to watch Elmo, Sesame Street, Mickey Mouse, Super Why, Word World, and Caillou. (Which has come in handy since I cannot nap like I did when I was pregnant with her. So I rest and she watches)
-She is getting VERY independent!
-Is on a "MY/MINE" kick. Which I attribute to going to MDO. Neither T or I have loved hearing "No Momma, that's MY ____ (fill in the blank with any object you can think of here.)
-Says she wants a baby brother. Though I know she has no clue what that means.
-Has the funniest personality. I definitely see the Crawley side coming out more and more.
-Has been really into telling us that things are "scaring" her when she gets startled.
-Is loving going to "school" aka Mother's Day Out. She'll see me in the halls and sometimes not even acknowledge my presence she's loving it so much.
-Likes to call her Daddy, "Travis." For example while looking at one of our wedding pictures "Is that Momma and Travis?" or saying to him "Travis, what are you doing?"
-Likes to build towers with blocks, color, and play with Play Doh.
-Is branching out more in the food tasting arena. I pray she is more like her Daddy and less like her Momma when it comes to being picky about food.
-Knows her letters and numbers when asked to identify them. Can say all the alphabet and can count to Ten... then 11,12,14,17 :)
-Loves her Friday gymnastics class and is improving so much in her skills there.
Baby Mac #2 Lately...
-17 weeks
-Feeling little "popcorn" flutters here and there
-Lots of differences between this pregnancy and the first:
More intense nausea & tiredness in the first trimester
Less heartburn than with C by this point
Migraine like headaches starting around week 12
Feel like I'm carrying lower & feeling the baby less than I think I did with C around this time
-I'm officially in maternity clothes this week.
-My food menu likes lately: grapefruit with sugar, spicy & salty foods, sweets, kiwi, fruit in general, (thankfully summer produce is fastly approaching!).
I will post again sometime in the afternoon on Wednesday with a full report on the new baby, and hopefully it won't be modest like C, sitting Indian style, and will give us 100% gender identification! Don't forget to vote!
"You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:13


No comments:
Post a Comment