Ruth 1:16 "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. "
Friday, March 27, 2009
Baby It's COLD Outside!
This Friday, March 27th, has turned out to be a chilly one for us here in Amarillo. We've enjoyed the warm weather all week, but have been hearing about this "blizzard" we would be having on Friday. Yesterday, the National Weather Service "strongly urged" AISD to make a decision as to whether we'd have school today or not... around 6:00 last night we had our answer... NO SCHOOL! The kids and I talked about it a lot in class yesterday so I know they are thrilled about the decision. My only grievance is that we lose a snow day in April. Oh, well, Cooper and I have had fun today (as you can see in the pictures above). We both slept in and when I let him outside, he discovered how much fun this much snow could be!! Travis braved the weather and went to work until around 2, then came home to join us. We have just finished our warm bowls of green chili stew and have uploaded our Cooper pictures and are settling in for the evening. Though it's kept us West Texans inside, oh how we have needed the moisture!!! So that is a huge plus! Looks like things are going to slow down by tomorrow afternoon and warm back up to the 60s by Sunday. I know that Rob and Will are enjoying the warm Houston and Austin weather. I'm glad someone can take advantage of good golf weather, Travis is really jealous Will! I'm getting a bit chilly again and I think another bowl of stew is calling my name. Enjoy our Cooper pics!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I am so jealous of you getting the day off!!!! Those pics of Coop are adorable... Stay warm!!!
ReplyDelete