GIRL!!! We are so thrilled to announce that Baby Mac is a girl. A sweet baby girl! We are so excited and can't believe that God has chosen us to be her parents!
Our doctor was pretty certain that there weren't any "boy parts" that could be hiding anywhere. I asked "how certain, like 90%?" and he said yes. We had a feeling is was a girl and the appointment confirmed our thoughts. The big ultrasound will be on August 4 and we will be 100% sure by then. It's funny if you look at the poll and in the last few days, you voters pulled out in favor of a girl as well.
Now we can begin the madness: names, nursery colors, registries, shopping, etc. We decided not to stress about names until we knew and it's nice to be able to eliminate one whole set of names, but it's funny how it still seems like such a daunting task! Giving a person a name they will be called, and known by, their entire life on this earth, is such a big deal! I'm sure I'll write more about the process in the weeks to come.
We hope you'll continue to lift up our baby girl in your prayers. We do want to pick a name so hopefully we'll get on the ball. How fun will it be to be able to pray for our little one by name!! Families: We love the idea of a family name so send all ideas our way!
And so it begins... the 1st week of our 5th month is almost up and it seems like time is flying by! I hope I am able to stop more, to slow down, and take it all in.
"LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O LORD." Habakkuk 3:2
Ruth 1:16 "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. "
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh congratulations, Rebecca and Travis! Its weird to think that, two years ago, Ben and I were getting the same news right around this time! December girls are the best! Thanks for putting me on your mailing list, and keep us updated on the name! I love hearing what people choose!
ReplyDeleteOh, and yes, do slow down and take it all in. Its easy to get caught up in wishing the baby here, but trust me, you will miss these days and the anticipation, and you will miss her inside you.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I'm so excited for you & can't wait to read all about the process. Happy naming!
ReplyDeleteAwesome. I was in the minority vote, but I'm super excited for you guys. :)
ReplyDeleteBishop is so excited about this that he just pooped his pants! :)
ReplyDeleteIn all seriousness though, we are thrilled about Baby Girl Mac and cannot wait to whatch you experience each next step! Love you!